CONTINGENCY PLAN COVID 19 SA GAVINA
Inmobiliaria Roca Maura SA, manager and owner of the Sa Gavina Apartments in Estartit- Torroella de Montgri, has prepared this Cleaning and Disinfection Contingency Plan, following the recommendations and guidelines of the report prepared by the Spanish Institute for Tourist Quality (ICTE) commissioned by the Government of Spain, regarding measures to be taken by tourist accommodation, with the aim of reducing the spread of the SARS-CoV2 coronavirus (hereinafter “coronavirus”), in common facilities, tourist apartments and other areas of the company.
This document has been prepared based on the occupational risk assessment carried out by the company QUIRON PREVENCION on May 28, 2020, in coordination with the participants of the risk management committee, created for this purpose and consisting of individuals appointed, representing the employees of the company.
This document is available to customers on the company’s website
COMMITTEE FOR RISK MANAGEMENT
It is made up of: RGR, VSB and ARB, with the company’s workers duly represented. The members of the committee have been trained in the course of the Altimir company, “Good handling practices against coronavirus in Tourist Apartments and Tourist Accommodation- Huts: maintenance, reception, rooms and common areas” and have their certificates of aptitude and assistance issued by the training company (ANNEX 1)
The objective of the Contingency Plan is the non-spread of the coronavirus in the company’s facilities. The means, mechanisms, protection measures, planning, implementation and supervision are established in the Contingency Plan.
The contingency plan includes:
- Assignment of authority and responsibility.
- Allocation of human and material resources, attending to the evaluation of the labour risks of the jobs.
- Supervision of compliance with the recommendations issued by the health authority, both by employees and by customers, as well as the measures contained in the Contingency Plan.
- Implementation of a protocol to follow in the event that an employee or client shows symptoms compatible with disease Covid 19, following the recommendations of the health authorities, reviewing the protocols for cleaning and disinfecting contaminated surfaces.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COMPANY
The tasks of the personnel have been planned, guaranteeing the safety distance required by the health authority. In case of not being able to ensure this distance, always in open or closed public spaces, the personnel must make use of appropriate masks, complying with current regulations.
Prior to the opening of the establishments, a cleaning of the facilities has been carried out, including transit areas, service areas and accommodation.
Additional measures will be taken to the provisions of this Contingency Plan, if necessary, to avoid the risk of contagion, organizing the circulation and distribution of spaces, establishments of maximum capacity in internal meetings.
The convenience of teleworking is established for vulnerable workers compared to Covid19. General and / or specific security measures are established for each employee who is unable to carry out their work by teleworking, in their daily functions in the company in terms of cleaning and disinfection, uniforms, and protection material that the company provides, in the terms of usability and maintenance agreed with the Quiron Prevencion review (job evaluation). These measures will be added to the Contingency Plan, which in compliance with the Data Protection Law in force, will not be exposed to the public, but if available to the competent Administration, signed by both parties (company and employee), each party having a copy.
The time control will continue to be done in person, ensuring the cleaning and disinfection of the shared material, between uses, according to current legal regulations.
Adequate protection of employees is ensured, providing hydrolycoholic gel (or disinfectant solution) for personal use for each employee, surgical masks, bags to store the protection material, Epis, bags for the transfer of uniforms and physical barriers (methacrylate partitions ) in Reception, among other measures.
The different areas of exclusive access of the personnel are ventilated at least once a day and as often as possible.
A uniform is provided to pool cleaning, maintenance and supervision personnel (with several changes), providing adequate information on their recommended cleaning and disinfection after each use / end of the working day, at their homes.
Employees come to work in their street clothes and exchange it for their work uniforms on company premises. Bags are provided daily to hold used uniforms and other bags to bring washed uniforms. The transport of bags containing uniforms will always be closed. Employees are informed about the advisability of not mixing their uniforms with each other or with other clothes, to avoid cross contamination.
The Reception staff is responsible for the washing of their personal clothing with which they go to their jobs, following the same indications as above for transportation, daily washing, and avoiding cross contamination. Bags are provided for transfer purposes, if necessary.
PROTECTION MEASURES FOR PERSONNEL
The staff knows the Contingency Plan, they are given a copy at the beginning of their work activity, signing their receipt, compliance, acceptance and compliance, without exceptions. Staff sign this document having received the training and information necessary to carry out their duties in the company, with knowledge of additional hygiene and disinfection measures due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
The personal and particular details of each employee will be added in a personal capacity to the copy of the Contingency Plan, which in compliance with the Data Protection Act in force, will not be exposed to the public, but if available to the competent Administration, signed by both parties (company and employee) each party involved having a copy. A sample tab is added to the end of this document as a sample. (APPENDIX 2)
- Staff should avoid physical contact with each other, actions such as shaking hands, hugging, etc. are prohibited and the safety distance of at least 1.5 meters must be respected whenever possible. Compliance with current regulations regarding the use of masks in open or closed public spaces, when the indicated minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- In the personal file for each employee, the use of EPI surgical masks is established, according to the evaluation of the job.
- Any personal hygiene waste (such as handkerchiefs) should be thrown in wastebaskets or containers and hands washed thoroughly after sneezing, coughing, or touching frequently used surfaces, such as money, railings, etc.
- Personal objects (glasses, mobiles, etc.) should be washed and disinfected frequently throughout the day, whenever possible with soap and water, or / and with hydroalcoholic gel (or disinfectant solution).
- The company explicitly prohibits the use of mobile phones for use as personal communication during the working day. The use of jewellery, costume jewellery or other hanging beads is prohibited during the personal day. The hair must be gathered with tweezers or elastic bands. The company will provide disposable hats, where the long hair must be collected.
- The staff will not share work teams. In case of doing so, it will be cleaned and disinfected between uses (keyboards, computer screens, telephones, cleaning carts, work items, tools, keys, etc.).
- It is established that all work equipment will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each working day.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE EMPLOYEES
- Use of personal protective equipment: at a minimum, use of a surgical mask and/or gloves, which will be properly disinfected after cleaning and disinfecting each accommodation unit. They will be disposed of according to their useful life and the conditions in which they are used.
- Specifically in the removal of bedding, towels and the like (material with risk of being contaminated), the staff will use minimum masks of the FFP2 type (or equivalent), avoiding cross-contamination.
- The interior of any accommodation will not be accessed by the cleaning staff during the clients’ stay. It will only be accessed as just cause to make the change of clothes agreed in the reservation rental contract. The client will receive the appropriate indications in advance in writing, which will consist of placing the used clothes in a bag (s) provided by the company and leaving them closed inside the accommodation near the entrance door for the staff proceed to remove them from the accommodation, at the indicated time).
- Maintenance personnel, whether internal or external, who must access the accommodation to carry out a repair or revision, will do so provided with an FFP2 mask (or equivalent). They will not be able to access the accommodation without express consent from the owner of the reservation.
- Avoid carrying out maintenance tasks if the clients are present in the accommodation, unless it is strictly necessary or the clients wish. In this case, the client (and other occupants present) will be obliged to put on a mask and keep a minimum safety distance of two meters, as well as to avoid any physical contact with maintenance personnel.
- Staff facilities will have reminder signage of distancing measures, hand washing, etc.
- Uniform staff street clothing will be stored in closed plastic bags so that there is no contact with the uniforms, in the staff facilities.
- The toilets of common use will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
INFORMATION MEASURES FOR CLIENTS
- This company has informed the holder of the reservation before arrival, or even before making his reservation, of the conditions of service and preventive measures, by publishing of this page on the website and it is available in Spanish, Catalan, English and French. (ANNEX 3).
- In the establishment, the areas that have explicit information are: Reception and common areas.
- Preventive measures and guidelines to follow regarding the prevention of Covid infection 19 in the national language and at least in a foreign language, when possible using iconography (drawings) so that they are understandable.
- Indications on the safety distance with marking or alternative measure as recommended by the competent authority where required.
- Information on healthcare numbers.
- The company urges its employees and clients to collaborate with the fulfilment of the measures of the Contingency Plan.
- The company has provided the necessary information regarding preventive hygienic measures for the use of protective material for personnel.
- The company has informed the external services (providers) of this Contingency Plan and has requested reciprocity from them.
REQUIREMENTS IN THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OF THE COMPANY
At the Check-in upon arrival
- In Reception, the safety distance has been marked according to the capacity, to ensure the necessary distance.
- The entrance to 1 person per reservation is requiered, to carry out all the check-in procedures.
- The counters have methacrylate partitions, for mutual protection between clients and workers.
- Hydroalcoholic gel (or disinfecting solution) is available for client’s use.
- Single use gloves are provided to clients if desired to carry out the necessary procedures at the Reception.
- Counters are frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- The POS are laminated and disinfected after each use in which there is contact. Pens are disinfected after each use. The use of card payments is encouraged through “contactless” technology.
- The keys given to the clients of the accommodations have been disinfected with a virucidal product recommended by the Ministry of the Interior, according to the list available at:
https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov-China/documentos/Listado_virucidas.pdf) ALCOLAC PLUS- (ANNEX 4).
- The Air Conditioning & TV controls and wristbands have also been disinfected with the same virucidal product, ACOLAC PLUS.
- The allocation of accommodation is carried out in accordance with the typology reserved by the client and guaranteeing the hygienic disinfection measures required and set forth in this Contingency Plan, complying with current regulations.
- The free of charge welcome gifts given by the company to minors have been disinfected.
- In the external marketing channels and on the company’s website, the appropriate measures have been taken to comply with the legal requirements in relation to the information previously available on the measures adopted in the establishment on the Covid19, according to the spaces and means that each intermediary has provided to this company.
In the accommodations:
- Textile elements, decorative objects, etc. have been reduced, as ordered by current legislation. The bins are removed from the bathrooms.
- The pillows will be arranged protected. The bedspreads and blankets will be taken at the request of the clients to the accommodations, during their stay and removed upon their departure, according to the system indicated in this Contingency Plan.
- Clean and disinfected sheets and towels, according to the cleaning plan of the supplier of La Gavania Laundry, are arranged on the beds in bags. The hangers have been washed and disinfected. The protector and mattress cover will be placed on the beds by the cleaning staff before entering the accommodation. They will be withdrawn upon departure, according to the system indicated in this Contingency Plan, in the next section.
- The curtains and sofas (where there is no protective cover) will be disinfected with the product SANYTOL AMBIENTADOR Desinfectante Hogar Tejidos (ANNEX 5), article included in the list of virucidal actions admitted by the Ministry of the Interior: https: //www.mscbs. gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov-China/documentos/Listado_virucidas.pdf
- A garbage can is available in the accommodation with a non-manual opening action in the kitchen (pedal opening).
The cleaning and disinfection procedure will be as follows:
Cleaning of all surfaces and areas of the accommodation with a mixture of soap and water, subsequent disinfection with virucidal action products admitted by the Ministry of the Interior: https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual /nCov-China/documentos/Listado_virucidas.pdf) BLEACH (dilution in water of Sodium Hypochlorite) for general surfaces and floors and ALCOLAC PLUS for surfaces in contact with food, according to the specifications of use of the technical data sheets regarding time of action, dissolution and withdrawal, as well as its handling and general safety.
The areas to clean and disinfect the accommodation are: balcony, terrace, living room and kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, floors, walls. The elements are included: table and chairs, television, curtains, dishes, appliances, interior and exterior cabinets, headboard, table, sofa or covers, coffee table and everything mentioned above or later in this Protocol in reference to textiles and their treatment.
The accommodations are ventilated after cleaning and disinfection for at least 20 minutes and then remain closed until the arrival of the new client-occupants.
In common areas:
- Hydroalcoholic gel (or disinfecting solution) is available at the entrance to the pools.
- Public bathrooms have a soap dispenser and automatic hand dryer.
- Bags will be removed from the bins daily.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of the facility. On contact surfaces, they will be cleaned and disinfected once a day in depth before opening, and frequently during the day, ensuring proper maintenance of all common elements.
- The usual cleaning and disinfection plan for the water in the pool will not be altered, complying with current regulations. It will also continue to carry out daily analyses of the water in the swimming pool (twice a day) and analyses carried out by the independent laboratory. The results will be available to clients in our Reception.
- Social distancing and compliance with the internal regulations of the company will be ensured, of which clients are informed by posters and indications delivered in writing upon arrival.
- It will be ensured that clients make use of their personal towels on sun loungers.
- Toilets: in common areas with a maximum occupancy of 1 person, except for people who may require assistance, which will be allowed to be used by their companion. The cleaning and disinfection of the elements and surfaces of the toilets (sinks, toilet, mirror, wall, dispensers, floor etc.) will be reinforced.
- Clients are informed of the individual use or in its maximum capacity by people from the same family unit. Users must wear face masks inside the elevator. It is recommended to limit its use.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the interior, walls and buttons will be done throughout the day, using soap and water and the previously mentioned virucides (BLEACH and ALCOLAC PLUS).
In the common areas there will be a general information sheet on the cleaning and disinfection carried out during the day.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION REQUIREMENTS
Cleaning and disinfection measures in common areas:
- Adequate ventilation and fresh air circulation, at least once a day.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of frequent contact surfaces.
- Personnel will wear a surgical mask, in case they cannot maintain the safety distance of 2 meters in open or closed spaces, as well as gloves and / or other protective elements that are considered adequate.
- Use of bleach virucidal: freshly prepared dilution in cold water 1:50, and ALCOLAC PLUS according to its technical data sheet, by spraying on floors and surfaces of swimming pools, elevators, corridors, Reception, other common areas, according to their use indicated in the technical sheets of each product, already mentioned above.
- A daily record will be kept of all cleanings and disinfections carried out, at the times established and signed by the employee who has carried out the cleaning and disinfection. It will be exposed to the public during the day and a copy will be kept the next day in the office in the files of the Contingency Plan for its supervision and may be shown at the request of clients. (Annex 6 document type CLEANING AND DISINFECTION COMMON AREAS).
- Once manipulation is finished, the staff will store or clean and disinfect said material according to the indications of durability and use, then wash their hands.
Cleaning and disinfection measures in accommodation
- Adequate ventilation and fresh air circulation, at least 1 time after each performance of at least 20 minutes.
- Cleaning and disinfection of accommodation between different clients’ reservations: frequent contact surfaces or the use of single-use gloves: walls, floors, ceilings, mirrors, windows, furniture, equipment and functional elements of the kitchen and bathroom ( dishes, toilets, sinks, bathtubs, refrigerators, appliances etc.).
- Use of the bleach virucidal: freshly prepared dilution in cold water 1:50, and of ALCOLAC PLUS according to its technical data sheet, by spraying on surfaces according to its use indicated in the technical data sheets of each product, already mentioned above.
- A system has been defined to avoid cross contamination, putting clean clothes in the accommodation, after cleaning and disinfection. Dirty clothes are deposited in closed bags to be transferred to the laundry, in cleaning carts (at linen changes every 7 nights, or upon departure of the reservation).
- The cleaning staff will not agree to provide any services within the accommodation, except that already indicated on changing clothes.
- Once manipulation is finished, the staff will store or clean and disinfect said material according to the indications of durability and use, then wash their hands.
- A daily record will be kept of all cleanings and disinfections carried out, at the times established and signed by the employee who has carried out the cleaning and disinfection. A copy will be kept in the office in the files of the Contingency Plan for supervision and may be shown at the request of clients. (ANNEX 7 document type CLEANING AND DISINFECTION FOR ACCOMMODATION).
Textile cleaning and disinfection measures in Sa Gavina Laundry
- Dirty textiles must be collected, put in a bag, and transferred to the laundry, in cleaning carts, where they will be washed and disinfected according to the laundry contingency plan (ANNEX 8 Cleaning Plan for the La Gavina Laundry).
- Avoid shaking dirty textiles.
- A daily record will be kept of all cleanings and disinfections carried out, at the times established and signed by the employee who has carried out the cleaning and disinfection. A copy will be kept in the office in the files of the Contingency Plan for your supervision (in the office in the files of the Contingency Plan for your supervision (APPENDIX 6).
- Personnel handling dirty textiles will wear a FFP2 mask (or equivalent) and gloves, which must be washed and disinfected after each use in the same accommodation, or discarded according to their durability.
- The protective covers of the sofas used during a stay, at the exit of the clients, will be moved, washed and disinfected following the Cleaning Plan of the La Laundry Sa Gavina as the rest of the used textiles, already described in the system to avoid cross contamination .
- Once the manipulation is finished, the personnel will store, discard or clean and disinfect their protection and work materials, according to the indications of durability and use, and then they will wash and disinfect their hands.
Maintenance personnel measures
- Maintenance personnel will have protection material or PPE that has been determined by the risk committee.
- Once the assistance or repair is finished, the staff will store or clean and disinfect said material according to the indications of durability and use, then wash and disinfect the hands.
- The filters of the air conditioning splits will be checked periodically, as well as the grilles of the accommodation.
- A written record will be kept by means of a list of delivery notes, of all the actions carried out by the maintenance personnel, whether internal or external, being dated and signed by the employee or the external supplier. A copy of the delivery notes will be kept.
Reception and office staff measures
- The personnel will have protection material or PPE that the risk committee has determined.
- At the end of the working day, the staff will store or clean and disinfect said material according to the indications of durability and use. It will attempt to wash and disinfect hands very frequently. It will follow the measures adopted in point 6.a, especially regarding disinfection of the workplace and common elements.
- Clothing worn during the workday, it is recommended that it be laundered every day.
- A daily record will be kept of all cleanings and disinfections carried out, at the times established and signed by the employee who has carried out the cleaning and disinfection. A copy will be kept in the office in the files of the Contingency Plan for supervision (APPENDIX 9) Document for cleaning the Reception and bathroom).
PROCEDURE IN CASE OF INFECTED OR RISK PERSONNEL
Basic knowledge about Covid19 to take into account for its prevention: the symptoms, among others, are cough, fever and respiratory distress mainly and muscular and headache pain in some cases. 80% of cases have mild symptoms and the incubation period is 2-14 days. 50% of cases begin to present symptoms 5 days after infection.
If a working person begins to have symptoms compatible with the disease, the Community of Catalonia’s telephone number 061 or 112 will be contacted immediately, or the nearest health center in Estartit or Torroella de Montgri. Likewise, it will inform the company. If the symptoms started on the job, they will inform this situation with their immediately available manager. For its part, the establishment will notify the risk prevention service, if any, so that it can take the appropriate measures and comply with the notification requirements established by the Ministry of Health.
The company’s action protocol in case of detection of infected personnel will be to follow the health recommendations. The employee’s contact areas will be cleaned and disinfected, following the activity sheets as a guide. In addition, if any worker corresponds to the profile of “risk person” according to the recommendations of the Ministry of Health, either due to pregnancy, previous chronic diseases or age, the job will be reviewed by the prevention service, to Consider the advisability or not of recommending your “preventive isolation” in case you cannot carry out your work by teleworking, following the aforementioned procedure.
PROCEDURE IN CASE OF CLIENTS AFFECTED WITH COVID 19
In the event that an occupant of an accommodation has a diagnosis, symptoms compatible with COVID 19 or have been in contact with a sick person or with symptoms indicative of COVID 19, following the recommendations of the health authorities, they must suspend their stay, maximum to date of departure of the reservation and do not make use of the common areas (swimming pool, elevators etc.).
The responsibility and authority of the Contingency Plan rests with the Administrator of Inmobiliaria Roca Maura SA, Mr. A.R.B.
Contingency Plan effective June 11, 2020, permanently during a pandemic or until officially indicated.
Last update to June 5th, 2021 in Estartit, according to the information.
This document is being modified as new regulations are approved, published in BOE.
The names are omitted under the Data Protection Law 03/2018.
The Annexes are available at the request of clients with confirmed reservations during their stay, except Annex 2 (due to conflict with the Data Protection Law).
ANNEXES / DOCUMENTS
- ANNEX 1 ALTIMIR CERTIFICATES
- ANNEX 2 EMPLOYEE TYPE SHEET
- ANNEX 3 INFORMATION DOCUMENT COMPANY MEASURES FRONT COVID 19
- ANNEX 4 ALCOLAC PLUS AND BLEACH, TECHNICAL SHEETS
- ANNEX 5 SANYTOL DISINFECTANT AIR FRESHENER home and fabrics, TECHNICAL SHEET
- ANNEX 6 document type CLEANING AND DISINFECTION COMMON AREAS
- APPENDIX 7 document type CLEANING AND DISINFECTION FOR ACCOMMODATION
- APPENDIX 8 Cleaning Plan for Sa Gavina Laundry
- ANNEX 9 document type CLEANING AND DISINFECTION RECEPTION